9th May 2018
Wentworth Alexander Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by use. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
Collection and Processing of data
As an Insurance Broker we need to collect personal information for the following reasons:
Contact Details: To enable us to communicate with you about your Insurance requirements
Information regarding you, your assets and potential liabilities: These are used to assess Insurance requirements, to approach Insurers for quotations, to place policies on cover and for the ongoing handling of the policies.
Bank Account Information: to enable us to set up finance with Third Party providers or Insurers and to pay you back in the event of a credit being due.
In the event of a claim additional information may be required, e.g. driver details, third party details etc.
Data Protection legislation states we are only allowed to collect or use your personal data if the reason to do so meets certain criteria. The exact reason will vary depending on specific circumstances. The legal bases we rely upon are:
• For the performance of contract – our agreement with you means we must continue to use personal information. This would include obtaining renewal terms, making changes to your policy and dealing with claims.
• Legal obligation – we are required to perform certain checks to confirm identity and ensure there are no reasons as to why we should not do business with a particular client.
The law allows us to hold and use personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so. An example of this is we will keep records in case any claim or potential dispute arises in the future.
In the course of arranging and the administration of your Insurance, situations will arise where we have to share information with other parties. Some examples of this are:
• Where we obtain quotes, amend your policy or you make a claim, we will forward information to your Insurers and any relevant intermediaries.
• Where you require us to apply to pay your Insurance via a credit provider ie Premium Credit
• Where we are required or permitted to do so by law or regulation, such as prevention of financial crime.
For most policies we will retain records for up to seven years following expiry of the policy or termination of our services. Some policies however can be claimed against long after expiry, we will retain records of these for longer than seven years based on the likelihood of a claim or a dispute arising.
You can request details of the personal information we hold and you do have the right to be forgotten, we may not be able to do so though if there is a legitimate basis for keeping it.
There is no charge for requests for copies, amendments and deletions of personal information. We do reserve the right to charge where requests are unreasonably frequent or excessive.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or wish to make a request regarding your personal information, please contact:
Wentworth Alexander Ltd
If you wish to make a complaint about the way your personal information has been handled then please contact Lorraine Curtis. If you remain dissatisfied you are entitled to raise your complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office: